Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Wendy is much stronger while reversing her Osteoporosis!


Wendy says, "This is absolutely the easiest, safest, and fastest way to do what I need to do and stay as healthy as I can. I don't want to go backwards on my strength and ability to do things. This is my ticket."
When Wendy Isbell came to The Perfect Workout two years ago, she wasn't looking to lose weight, and she didn't really have strength goals either. Her main motivation was to combat worsening osteoporosis, and her doctor said strength and balance training would be good. The mother of a friend (who happened to own a fitness franchise) recommended The Perfect Workout. So Wendy read up on slow-motion strength training, liked everything she heard, and figured she had nothing to lose.

The first thing she noticed was that it made her feel like she had exercised. A former runner, Wendy says, "I got something I wasn't expecting - a runner's high!" She also got stronger. Wendy has no idea how much stronger, because she doesn't keep track one bit. Her personal trainer Newport Beach, on the other hand, does. Jordan reports that Wendy went from 37 to 62 pounds on the chest press, 100 to 160 pounds on the abduction machine, and more than doubled her leg press, from 110 to 235 pounds. Not bad for a self-described "tiny woman," right? And her doctor says that the osteoporosis has stabilized, probably because of the strength training.

The real payoff? On a mission trip to Peru for her 65th birthday last year, Wendy kept up with everyone, even though she was 15 years older than the next oldest person on the trip. They were building wheelchairs with Free Wheelchair Mission, and lifting the wheelchairs with ease made Wendy realize how far she had come. "I walked into The Perfect Workout at 110 pounds," she says, "but things get loose when you get old. I have less jiggling now." A sales lady at a dress store confirmed it when she told Wendy, "You look great. Look at those guns on you!" Wendy much prefers the privacy and individual attention at the Newport Beach studio over big gyms she's belonged to in the past. "I like working out with Jordan. I wouldn't have known what to do or how to be safe. And you end up developing a relationship. I've been with Jordan for two years, and she's great. She really knows what she's doing."

When she's not off trekking to places like Peru, Wendy is an amateur choir singer, a big fan of the arts, and an outdoors person. She's thrilled with what The Perfect Workout has done for her, and believes everyone should try it. "This is absolutely the easiest, safest, and fastest way to do what I need to do and stay as healthy as I can. I don't want to go backwards on my strength and ability to do things. This is my ticket."


The Perfect Workout Newport Beach
4063 Birch St #130, 
Newport Beach, CA 92660, United States
+1 949-200-4067

No comments:

Post a Comment